Thank you for your interest in the EEOP Upper Division Programs. The application period for the 2022 cohort opens on January 1, 2022. A link to the application can be found below the "Application Information" section.
UCD students: application due no later than March 24 at 11:59pm; recommendations due no later than March 31 by 11:59pm
Transfer students: application due no later than May 6th at 11:59pm; recommendations due no later than May 6th by 11:59pm
The EEOP Upper Division Application may be used to apply for the following undergraduate junior and senior programs:
- ADAR Honors Program for Aging Research
- ADNR Honors Program for Neuroscience Research
- CURE Program for Research in Cancer Biology
- MARC (Maximizing Access to Research Careers) Program
- Undergraduate Public Health Scholars Program
If you are an incoming freshman, please complete the application for BUSP.
The EEOP Upper Division Application
To successfully complete this application, you will need the following information:
- Your UCD ID number [optional for new transfer student applicants]
- Your current cumulative college GPA
- Number of units completed toward your UCD degree
- Recommender name, phone, and email address (we highly recommend that this be your current research mentor if you have one- this applies for all programs except the Undergraduate Public Health Scholars)
- Description of how program participation will help you attain your career goal(s) (100 words or less)
- Personal statement (600 words or less), including your background, the area(s) of research that interest you the most, your research experience, your future goals, and your reasons for wanting to pursue these goals
All applicants (excluding those who are applying for the Undergraduate Public Health Scholars Program only) will need one letter of recommendation. If you are currently in a lab, we encourage you to obtain a letter from the Principal Investigator of that lab. If you are not in a lab, the letter should be from someone who knows you in an academic environment (as an instructor, TA, or advisor), in a work environment (your supervisor), or in a volunteer environment (your supervisor).
Your application will not be considered complete until we receive the recommendation.
Instructions for letter writers:
- Please email your letter of recommendation directly to Dr. Connie Champagne: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 31 at 11:59 pm (for candidates who are currently UC Davis students) or May 6 at 11:59 pm (for candidates who are incoming transfer students).
- There is no maximum length for the letter, however, letters longer than 2 pages are not necessary.
- Please comment on:
- How long you have known the applicant and in what capacity.
- The suitability of the candidate for engaging in undergraduate research and a structured undergraduate research program.
- The educational and professional goals of the candidate, if established.
- If you are the current research mentor for the candidate, your willingness to continue hosting the student in your research group and intention to be supportive of the candidate’s engagement in program activities.